Friday 15 April 2016

She's in

Yesterday afternoon saw some frantic activity around Ciao Bella.  I was home by 3pm and high tide was going to be just after 6pm.  No time to lose, I fitted the new antenna and got the other paraphernalia ready and hot footed it down to Baiter park.   With some help from John the mast went up without a hitch, Julian also showed up to help shunt cars and trailer around.  So, cold, wet and tired I left Ciao Bella nestled on her new mooring, while I paddled back to the club in the Coracle.
It's all a bit of a mess on board and the mast is not straight but she's in.
I need to get  out again to adjust the rigging, fit the boom, bend on the sails and have a general tidy up before I can go for the first sail... but I can't wait.


2 comments:

  1. Me too!! Managed to get out Tuesday evening in the sunshine to tighten up rigging put boom on and attach sails.. couple more jobs to do and I'll be ready...

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay finally your in, its been a quiet winter and I always check your posts for updates. I can wait to ready all about your sailing and jobs

    alan

    ReplyDelete